9/100 Days of Productivity

[11.09.2016]

9/100 Days of Productivity


"I'm not artistic.
My handwriting has no real technique or pizzaz.
I'm not even that great a student, tbh.
But...I'm trying, and that's pretty cool."


 Tonight I got into my feelings just a tad.  For just a little while I found myself wondering why I was attempting these 100 days of insanity (teehee.)  It's easy to feel like other people have got it all figured out and that their lives and their work are all clean, crisp and pristine 100% of the time, while you're the living example of Pig-Pen from the Peanuts comics.  But then if you give yourself the chance to come up for air and be real with yourself, you remember that you don't suck (because God made you and "He doesn't make junk", as my fitness coach says.)  I won't say that I'm crafty or artistic or true studyblr material, because I believe it's simply not the truth.  At least as it stands right now.  Right now I'm faking it until I make it.  There's nothing at all wrong with that, btw.  That's how most people make it through life.  When we come into this world, none of us know a thing.  When we die, there will still be a lot we don't know.  In the in between time, some of us don't know all that we claim to know, and others don't give themselves credit for the things that they do know.  I'm rambling, but I promise I had a point there.  You don't get good at things by sitting in sadness wishing that you knew how to do them.  You get good by looking at other people who can do the things you want to do and following their lead.  So, this evening (at approximately midnight) I decided to do some research -- and by that I mean browsing studyblrs and studyspo Pinterest boards and trying out some doodles and such.  Once the perfectionist in me settled down, it was actually quite enjoyable.  I felt somewhat like a child.  I jotted down a few quotes as my mind and trackpad wandered.

"Learn to be ok with being bad at things." - Bee

When we give ourselves compassion, we are opening our hearts in a way that can transform our lives." 
- Kristin Neff

"The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself." - Maya Angelou


"Don't forget to fall in love with yourself first." - Carrie Bradshaw

Learning to be ok with where I fall short or where I don't fit in is probably my biggest struggle.  I always want to be the best, but sometimes that simply not the case and not necessarily an option either.  Learning to love who you are and where you are is important.  I'm not an artsy-fartsy designer, but I have one of the most musical minds I know.  I find it hard to create my own unique ideas, but if you give me tools and instructions I can execute with precision.  There's no need for jealousy or envy.  Where you fall short, I can step in and vice-versa.  Our capabilities and incapabilities cause us to interact with each other and form relationships and live with vivid experiences...and that's pretty cool, too. 

xoxo, Bee

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig