2/100 Days of Productivity

{11.02.2016}

I should not be awake right now.  Not even a sliver of me should be conscious.  Yet it's 2:55 AM and here I am.



I promise I'm not up Netflixin'.  As of 12:01 AM registration opened up for next semester for all of the juniors, myself included.  Being the anxious geek that I am I'd already filled up my course cart with various courses I need and want to take so that once the gates were opened I could snatch up my classes.  I think of registration day as something like a virtual Black Friday with Doorbusters!! teehee (The doorbusters in this case are the professors who grade on a curve, don't bore you to tears, and aren't too hard on the eyes.)  Now that I'm thinking about it some more, it's more like old school Black Friday mixed with Supermarket Sweep -- that show was the bomb.com by the way.  A lot of the course registration process revolves around picking up 'just in case' items that might be worth something when you get to the register.  I think I'd added something like 20 credits to my cart knowing good and well that I wouldn't be caught dead or alive with that kind of course load.  Is that even allowed? That's academic suicide.  Anyhoo, as soon as my clock hit 12:01 I hit submit and waited.....and waited.....and waited.....because apparently every other junior on and off campus was just as proactive and smartypants as I was.  All of my selections went through without a hitch, but it's not like me to let something easy stay easy.  I couldn't help but shop around a little bit more.  And by a little bit, I mean for 2 more hours.  Have mercy.  However, I did end up making a few tweaks and twerks..hehe..so all was not for naught.  


As it stands right now, I'm the jerk at the virtual register who brings up more groceries than they're willing to pay for because I'm currently registered for 17 credits.  Laughable, no?  #wheredeydodatat We'll see what happens with that post-conversation with my advisor.  Your homegirl needs all the guidance.  The most exciting part of registration, even more exciting than being rid of the class that are plaguing me now, is getting to imagine how epic the next semester will be.  I can see it now... locs slightly longer, I've got my fancy schmancy green scrubs on, maybe even a stethoscope around my neck, high quality pens hanging from my scrub top.... Spring 2017 is finna be lit! lol

It's good to have a plan.  If you don't have a guide in place for your life, how can you know when you're going off track? In the same manner that painted lane markers and rumble strips keep us on track as we drive on the physical road, having a plan marked out for each day, week, month, and year keeps us from wandering off the road to success and out of the ditch of defeat.  What does the next "semester" of your life look like? Do you have a goal? Do you know how to get there?  Tell me the story.  You know I'm rooting for ya.

xoxo, Bee




No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig