100 Days of Productivity


I don't mean to be mushy and obnoxious, 

but I feel like today was the first day of the rest of my life.

Ok, so yes it's been ages since we've talked. No, we're not going to talk about it. #sorryimnotsorry




This Florida-grown girl who cries orange juice tears now lives in Tennessee.  In the wee hours of a morning in August I hopped on a plane and just like that I was Chattanooga bound.  Every day since then has been filled with its own opportunities for learning as well as trials and tribulations.  But, hey! I'm here, so that's something.  As I type this it's 12:50 AM, I'm in bed (the bottom bunk), and I'm actually looking forward to class in the morning.  I don't mean to sound anti-school.  I just mean that when I wake up in the morning I'll have a little extra pep in my step, a smile on my face and a song in my heart.  Why, you ask? "Today" I received my my acceptance letter for admission into the nursing program here at my university and I'm overjoyed.  Every moment, every action and every thought that I've experienced since my arrival here (and even before then, tbh) has been in hopes of giving me my best shot at getting accepted. And now the moment is here! I'm unbelievably happy.  I know that this is only the beginning of a looooooong, tempestuous road, but I get to travel on that road and not everyone can say that. I feel beyond blessed. There have been several nights where I'd had my fill of difficult assignments, annoying dorm mates (the laundry situation in this building is something serious), and times I just wanted to drive out to the middle of nowhere (which really wouldn't be hard) and scream.  Especially as the nursing decision date came closer and uncertainty and pressure loomed, tears became rather frequent.  I was stressed out, lonely, and feeling unworthy.  I'm glad that I can say that some of my friends truly came through for me.  The people who have checked in on me, whether they sent me mail or just shot me a text, are my lifesavers.  It's so easy to feel left behind.  Of course I'm glad and grateful to be here, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't get angry, jealous or depressed sometimes.  My life has undergone a special kind of culture shock.  Anyhoo, today I felt like the seeds I'd been sowing for ages have finally started to bear.  One of the most frustrating things in life is when you work hard and feel as if you have nothing to show for it -- which is how my weight loss struggle is going btw.  But finally, FINALLY, I have something to show for the late nights, study sessions and tears.  



Recently I started browsing tumblr again, specifically studyblrs, and made what might be a mistake.  I'm deciding to do my own #100daysofproductivity.  I'd planned to begin on the first of November and it just happened to be the same day that I got this fantastic news.  Coincidence? Of course not.  This milestone doesn't mean I get to chill -- more like the opposite.  Now's the time to go into overdrive and fly through the rest of the semester.  As Chescaleigh says, #nodaysoff.  Every day I should be doing something that is moving me in the direction of success.  So I'd like to document little blips of my journey and/or struggle, whether it be specific to academia or relate to my fitness and spiritual journeys as well.  Good? Good.

So what's new with you?  I want to know what's going on in your life.  The big things and the little things too. All of it matters to me.  Hit me up down below. <3

Stay sweet,
Bee


No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig